I have been making these darling little take-out boxes thanks to templates found at Mirkwood Designs. They have all sorts of templates for all occasions.
Anyway I think it will be fun to put little treats in them for Valentine's Day, birthdays, visiting teaching, "just thinking of you", etc.
First, I printed the pattern on card stock, cut it out and then traced the pattern onto the paper(for the box)-then cut out the box. (It really helps if your paper is heavyweight (patterns on both sides of the paper is a bonus and means you have a pretty lining in the box!)
I used an embossing stylus and a light box with the pattern underneath the cut out box, to score the lines-makes it much easier to fold. Also-after much trial and error, fold the bottom of the box lines first, then fold the lines from the corners of the bottom up to the sides. It takes a little bit of work but it is fun. If you have "YES" glue(paste)-it works great for gluing the corners.
2 comments:
Those are cute! cute! cute! Which box design did you use?
I used the take-out box-it's mid-way down on the right side of the Mirkwood website.
Post a Comment